Recreational Burning Restrictions
Recreational Building Burning Restrictions- Village of Attica
- At any time a complaint is made regarding a fire or smoke from a fire, it will be extinguished immediately.
- All fires must be attended at all times by an adult at least 18 years of age.
- A fire extinguisher or water hose will be available at all times.
- All fires shall be allowed only in an approved container. This includes and is limited to the following: natural gas or propane grills, camping grills, charcoal grills, and a permanently constructed masonry fireplace, which shall allow for a fire area no larger than 2x2 feet, and shall have a chimney which rises at least 6 feet above the base of the fire. No fires are allowed on the ground.
- At no time will the flames reach higher than 2 feet above the base of the fire. (No large bon-fires)
- If the smoke from a fire or the fire itself becomes a nuisance or obstruction in any manner, IE: Obstructing the visibility of a village street, entering a neighboring home through the windows, dropping embers on neighboring property, it will be extinguished immediately.
- All fires must be a minimum of 50 feet from any and all structures on the owners property, and a minimum of 100 feet from any neighboring structures. Structures shall include but are not limited too: houses, garages, sheds, or any other types of wooden structures such as swing sets or tree houses.
- All fires must be a minimum of 100 feet from a village street.
- There shall be no obstructions directly above the fire such as trees, roofs or wires.
- The only allowable items that are allowed to be burned are: seasoned dry wood and charcoal. No brush, grass, leaves, construction material or garbage of any kind will allowed.
- No accelerant may be used, with the exception of charcoal lighter fluid. No gasoline or kerosene is allowed.
- No fires shall be allowed during any wind conditions which exceed 15 miles per hour.
- No fire shall be allowed during any type of air quality alert issued by the proper authorities. IE: Air stagnation alert.
- Fires shall be allowed between the hours of 5 and 11 p.m. only.
- Any other fires or controlled burn inside the village of Attica limits, must be approved by the Village Board and fire chief of the Attica Fire Department.